Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jog

Well, it took 8 hours to fly across most of Europe and the Atlantic Ocean, and 4 hours to get from JFK to Manhattan! LOL

What an amazing experience this has been for me. My thoughts are a complete jumble, as are the specifics of the trips. Venues and cities tend to meld into single synchronistic mental pictures. I'm hoping that as I sort through the 600 some odd pictures I took it will begin to jell.

I have to admit that I was a little nervous when I left my house 11 days ago to go on a tour with 40 people I really didn't know. (Most people don't believe this, but my close friends know, I'm basically a functional introvert when put in social situations!) But this group is amazing! I have made some amazing friends over the past days and I truly cherish them and the memories we have made together.

So here's a question I'll put out to the touring group... what was your favorite city and why?

2 comments:

Karen Lea Siegel said...

That's just so not a fair question! That said, I think I have to say Český Krumlov.

I love all things medieval, and the sense of having stepped back in time into a medieval village with its twisting, slanted cobblestone streets was lovely. I would love to have had more time to wander and shop, and follow the guided tours through different parts of the castle (while carefully watching my head for low arches, of course).

Mark Davies said...

It has to be Prague. It is a big city with a ton of beauty.