Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thanks, Deborah, for the use of your computer! I had really wanted to post more frequently, but who knew that 9 hours and what feels like 96 straight hours for touring, rehearsing and performing could take so much out of you! But this is the most fun I’ve had in a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGG time!. The most exciting thing for me is the audiences. Not only are they very energetic and appreciative but they are growing! It was so thrilling to fill up a cathedral last night!

Hopefully with more to come,
Andrew


Who would have believed that this retired teacher from Bayonne would one day be singing alto with this glorious Schola group on a European tour, no less. The experience has, to paraphrase the Priest at Bad Schonau, sent me to heaven. The settings and repertoire have combined to give our audiences wonderful music. In fact, I suspect that the gentleman from Barcelona who attended our performance in Cesky Krumlov has been inspired to rejoin a choir. I could go on and on. With about five more days of the tour and two concerts to do, I am still profoundly moved by “…the music, the muuuusic.”
Joyce Nestle


As the priest at Bad Schoenau (8/11) said, I felt as if I was transported to heaven. There can scarcely be any better accolade!
Roger West


The time is going incredibly quickly as we travel from town to town – one more quaint and lovely than another. Our tour guide, Andrew, is just superb – warm and interesting, beginning each announcement with, “now my dear friends . . . “. He just played some Smetana music for us on the bus!

The music we are presenting to our world audience is superb. It is such a joy to have full and appreciative audiences. Last night in Krumlov the house contained many Americans, including those from Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Illinois . . .also Canada. It is thrilling to be living the role of American ambassadors.. . . .quite a moving experience. There are times during and after concerts when it is difficult to keep my composure, the experience is so profound. Music truly has the power to transport one, when performed well and with conviction.

I am enjoying having some time to get to know choir members a bit better; we are are usually so busy working on music, that it’s great to have some additional time. Thanks for following our trails . . .

Carol Sargent, Soprano

No comments: